God loves you and accepts you the very moment you trust in Jesus to save you from the penalty of sin. But sometimes we don’t want to accept the fact that we are accepted. Here are ten truths of many that happen immediately when you believe in Jesus as Savior:
1. You have everlasting life at the very moment you believe. Jesus said He who believes in Me has everlasting life (John 6:47).
2. You have all your sins forgiven. “In Him you have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins” (Eph. 1:6).
3. You become a child of God. “For you are all children of God by faith in Jesus Christ” (Gal. 3:26).
4. You have perfect righteousness credited to you. “For He made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (II Cor. 5:21).
5. You are accepted by God. “…He has made us accepted in the Beloved [Jesus]” (Eph. 1:6).
6. You are no longer enemies of God. “We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Rom. 5:1).
7. Nothing can separate you from God. “For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any created thing, can separate us from the love of Christ Jesus our Lord” (Rom. 8:38, 39).
9. You can know you are going to heaven. “These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life” (I John 5:12).
10. You will never be eternally condemned. “There is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus” (Rom. 8:1).
If you are looking for a New Year’s resolution, believe what God says about you as one who has been completely forgiven and restored. Any real spiritual growth only occurs when one understands that God accepts us in Christ. All believers are secure in Him. When I begin to understand my position, I can begin to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (I Peter 3:18) . Understanding my position in Christ will then impact my condition (the way one lives). All one must do is to simply take God at His word!
I invite you to follow me as we explore together God’s amazing grace and assurance of heaven for anyone who has believed the gospel.